Monday, January 20, 2014

Tired of "healthy" (sugary) protein bars? Try These!

I was so tired of going to the grocery store and seeing companies call their protein/granola bars "healthy" and "low calorie". One look at the ingredient list told me that under the facade of "healthy" were artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners, which can cause sugary cravings and lead to unnecessary weight gain. 

So when I found the perfect bars made with all natural ingredients, I couldn't wait to share that on my blog! 



These two bars are the only two bars that I recommend and eat; they're a favorite school snack :D

Kind Bars: Available in a myriad of varieties, my favorite kind is definitely Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate. 
Packs in the healthy fats and protein from the peanut butter and anti oxidants from dark chocolate. I also really like almond & coconut! Check them out! 

Lara BarsSome of my favorites are Cashew Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip! What is great about these is that they're made of 2-5 ingredients that are familiar to all of us. You won't find a simpler bar than a Lara bar. 





So simple to carry on the go, just throw these in your bag and enjoy be it on a road trip, at school, or before a sports practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment