Monday, April 14, 2014

School Snack/Lunch ideas

I love to bring my own lunch/snacks to school so that I can avoid impulse buys at the vending machine and these are some healthy staples that I absolutely love to take to school everyday:

1. A Water bottle keeps me hydrated throughout the day.
2. Greek Yogurt. I love Chobani!
3. Grapes mmm
4. Zip Lock baggie full of nuts to keep me full: pecans, almonds, cashews, pistachios, and most importantly walnuts
5. Kind Bar (One of the few granola bars I like because of its natural ingredients)
6. Almond Butter on Whole Grain Bread

High schoolers spend about 6-8 hours a day at school, depending on classes. If they have after school activities, like I do, that can add up to about 2 more hours. I play Badminton and it is especially important for me to have food throughout the day so that I can stay energized! Thus the list above pretty much satisfies me from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm second semester when badminton season is on, like for the past 3 months :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment